Friday, October 22, 2010

Friday rest-day

Ok, so I went off a bit yesterday, sorry.  I'm just so excited about cooler weather and the anticipation for an epic winter.  That is why I love Utah, you know its gonna snow 500+ inches of fluff in the canyons.  I'm in full-on rest mode today though.  I can't tell you how much I appreciate rest, it is crucial in training.  That is the mistake I made a few years ago and it resulted in a broken hip.  Also, I committed today to run the 50k (31mile) race on Antelope Island.  Paid the entrance fee.  I feel good about that decision, its motivation to stay in shape, and keep me running through the winter.  The date is march 26th I believe, so that is pretty much towards the end of ski season, which works out perfectly, I will be used to breathing heavy at higher altittudes.  That is pretty much it for now.  Oh yeah, I almost forgot, I'm meeting up with a really good friend of mine tomorrow who is also in recovery.  I love that guy, he is such a good buddy of mine.  Maybe I'll post pics.  later!!

No comments:

Post a Comment