Sunday, July 3, 2011

Sunday post

As on most Sundays, I don't do anything besides go to church.  Yesterday the bishop and I did our weekly run together as we are still planning on our October trek up Lone Peak.  I'm already stoked.  In the short term, I'm excited to do Mt. Timpanogos this wednesday.  I'm planning on going fast and light: about 1400 mL of water and 650 mL of water mixed with efs, and a couple of GUs and a power bar or two.  This should be enough for a fast trip, it definitely would not do for an all-dayer.  I would like to be up and down in 4-5 hours.  The only worry is the heat, but if I get to the trailhead by 6:30 or 7 it should be okay.  Also, I'm pretty sure there is still a considerable amount of snow towards the top but I'm guessing its already seen a fair amount of traffic, so the actual trail is probably clear.  I'm not all that familiar with American Fork Canyon but as I gather the trail is pretty easy to distinguish the whole way, unlike Lone Peak where Jake and I got lost on the last trip up.  So thats it for this beautiful Sabbath day.  I will definitely post after the Timpanogos run.  Lastly, thanks to all of my followers, I love both of you.

No comments:

Post a Comment