Friday, November 12, 2010

Opening Day!!

Well, tomorrow is opening day for Snowbird.  They have gotten ideal weather for this past week or two and have decided to open a week ahead of schedule.  Needless to say I am WAY excited.  I can remember in years past the anticipation for the start of the season, even those days when I was living in Ohio, working at Cornett and looking at weather.com every 15 minutes to check out the Utah weather scene.  Finally I just put down roots out here and have found that the mountains offer boundless opportunities year round.  Today I definitely have a feeling of nostalgia.  It is funny how sometimes our passions direct our lives.  On a training note, I ran two 4 mile tempo runs this week (about an 8:50 pace) and I was gonna do my long run tomorrow, but seeing how I will be skiing tomorrow, I've decided to do that today.  I'm hoping to do 10-14 miles at an easy pace.  Love to all!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment