Sunday, September 26, 2010

Sunday Morning

Insomnia was pretty bad last night and I almost ran at 4:30, but luckily found some sleep.  So here is what Jake and I talked about last night: we start at Mom's house next saturday morning and run to the Bell Canyon trailhead (about 10 miles) then hump it up to the 1st waterfall and back down to Jake's (another 5 or so).  I think its fairly ambitious and will require some planning on fueling (probably Hammer gel and some EFS).  I think we will put off the Lone Peak climb until after the Moab 1/2 marathon because I wouldn't want to risk an injury that would put one of us out of the race, so we will probably do that the weekend after the race.  I can't wait to post pictures of the race.  I think Spencer is going to run it, too.  It must be nice to be 19!  I think he will do well, especially if he trains.  I anticipate Jake putting up a pretty good time, like in the 1:30-1:45 range.  I, on the other hand am blessed with that Keller speed, haha, and will feel good about coming in under 2 hours.  I promise to post times and pictures.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Jason looks like u r keeping busy. It is good to have a passion. Keep up the good work. I miss your jokes and stories. May good karma always find you. God bless! Heather

    ReplyDelete